Improved CPU Metering in Live 11. Live Version: 11 Operating System: All CPU Metering in Live 11. Live now includes per track CPU load metering as well as an improved overall CPU Load Meter, helping you to more accurately gauge and respond to CPU activity while using Live.. Note: You may find that the CPU load meter is more active in Live 11 when using the "Current" setting compared to Live 10.
Another reason for differing values between Live's CPU meter and the system's CPU meters is that the Activity Monitor and Task Manager normally show 100% per core/CPU. For example, 200% CPU load on the system CPU load meter of a quad-core machine means …
· Do any other DAWs offer true VU metering? True VU meters in hardware started going the way of the dodo once LED ladders started showing up in the mid 1970s with the ability to show (and hold) the real peaks. For digital, accurate peak hold meters (whcih Live has) are needed to prevent overs. I have seen VU meter plugins, as other have mentioned.
An updated master display can now show current and average CPU usage, plus per-track CPU meters show which tracks in a set use the most processing power. Keys and scales. Use scales directly in Live’s MIDI editor as a guide or reference – this is linked to Push, and can be changed per clip.
15.1 The Live Mixer. Live includes a mixer section that is accessible from two views: The Arrangement View Mixer. In the Arrangement View, the mixer appears as a horizontal strip to the right of the track area. To display all mixer controls for a track, unfold the track using the button next to its name, and adjust its height accordingly.
How to Configure VMeter to be a VU Meter in Ableton Live. First part of video shows VMeter configured as VMeter, bouncing with the drum track. The lights on the VMeter (both column height and brightness) can be controlled by MIDI, so all we need to do is find a way to send out MIDI controller messages based on the track volume.
· PUSH AND VOCALS 1 Ableton’s Push pad doesn’t bring anything specific to voice-recording sessions but can be useful for accessing transport, track arming, recording triggers, and metering. You could also use it to handle live looping with clip and scene launching, or through the Looper device. 7.
· I’m always surprised to see red meters in other guys’ DJ sets. Even worse, in Ableton training videos on YouTube. Red is BAD, people. Your meters go from green to red for a reason. By pushing tracks beyond those maximum levels, your audio is actually getting destroyed in the process, adding crunch, noise and artifacts to your mix. Now let’s …
· (track in ableton) --> 1 Khz sine wave --> VU meter --= Maxed out (Master in ableton) --> VU Meter --= Steady at zero also i am set to -18 on the track and it is showing -18 on the master, any help with this, i thought i could use a VU on every single track not just the master bus
· Before you go! I made a little cheat sheet for you that explains the Ableton mixer, its meters, and the VU meter. Download it here. January 20, 2017. Steve Knots. Steve Knots. ... composition and mixdown techniques for electronic music production in Ableton Live. -Steve.
Contentment is contagious.