How to Install Cisco VPN Client on Windows 10 (New installations or O/S upgrades)
· Cisco 6500 / 7600 IPSec VPNSM and VPN SPA IOS Software Release 12.2SX and later. To obtain the Cisco VPN Client software you need a Cisco SMARTNet support contract and you can download the client from Cisco Software Center. Also, a CD with the VPN software client comes with any purchase of a Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall (except ASA 5505).
· On the following screen titled "Welcome to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard", click Next. When presented with the software license agreement, click I accept on the slide-down menu and click Next .
This article shows you how to configure you Cisco router to support the Cisco VPN client 32bit & 64 Bit. We show how to setup the Cisco router IOS to create Crypto IPSec tunnels, group and user authentication, plus the necessary NAT access lists to ensurn Split tunneling is properly applied so that the VPN client traffic is not NATted.
· Note: To be able to successfully setup and configure the Shrew Soft VPN client with an IPSec VPN server, you need to first configure the IPSec VPN server. For information about how to do this, refer to the article Configuration of an IPSec VPN Server on RV130 and RV130W.
· The EOL designation for the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.07.0440--the most recent and stable version--means that newer operating systems, like Windows 10, are not officially supported by the client.
Download and install the Cisco VPN client (32 or 64 bit) from Firewall.cx’s Cisco Tools & Applications section. Optional: Uninstall the SonicWALL Global VPN Client. Note: If you receive the Windows message “This app can’t run on this PC”, go to the folder where the Cisco VPN client was extracted and run the “vpnclient_setup.msi” file.
· The Cisco IPSec VPN client does not support 64-bit operating systems. Your only option is the AnyConnect SSL client. Support for this client will require additional configuration on your headend IOS router or ASA.
Happiness is a way station between too much and too little.