· Darker regions observed occasionally at their tips may represent root caps (Fig. 4A–C). No root hairs were observed on the roots. This could be due to the delicate nature and low preservation potential of root hairs, or to the rarity of preserved root tips in the fossil material (root hairs are only found immediately behind the root apex).
TL/DR: darker in direct line from light to camera is expected behavior. Long Form: Light Rays is a cheat effect of an effect that's cheating. Space=near vaccum. Probably not enough particulate matter around to generate haze. But model-makers used haze on practical shots because perception is hardwired to assume haze=depth. And, it looks cool.
You could also use the app Pixelmator. I have a class that shows the whole process for creating a repeat in Pixelmator. If you've taken that class or if you want to try that, that's also a way to get a pixel perfect repeat on your iPad.
Leaf tips exhibit a darker area consisting of thicker carbonaceous material, which may be related to thicker cuticle or smaller cell size in that region (Fig. 8A). Laterally compressed leaves reveal a vascular trace that enters the leaf at a right angle and terminates at the leaf tip ( Fig. 2B-D).
· I did previously use Pixelmator but found the processing options in Photogene4 to be more useful (eg. hi-light & shadow recovery) and the its user interface more fluid. Only disadvantage of Photogene4 is that the healing tool can only do spot healing (instead of Pixelmator allowing me to paint over areas, but that I don't need so much anyway)
· These settings can be found in the Camera Menu Tab (1) on Page 2 & 14 respectively. Set Color Space to AdobeRGB. By default, the a7R III is set to shoot in the sRGB color space, which is the most universally used & accepted color space for the vast majority of …
There's an assumption that high-contrast images are more dynamic, more compelling, more inviting. Have a go at some low-contrast photography. You might surprise yourself with the results.
· Boat Naming Instructions Trudeau Yachts is no longer taking boat naming orders. Instead, we are publishing links to our templates and detailed do-it-yourself instructions on this page. All these instructions are for Photoshop CS2. If you are using another graphics editor that reads PSD files, please translate for your application :) If you do not have experience or familiarity…
· Always experimenting, trying, testing. Best images, best light, best gear, best software, best deal, best whatever? Last week´s favorite turning into this week´s dog? To those of youse been following me, relying on me to stay true: I´m sorry, ashes on my head, I lost it. Really. I´m leavin´ my trail & gettin´ outta my comfort zone.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.